Established by: This program was established by the Cal State Fullerton Alumni Association. Scholarship funds are raised through the generous support of CSUF alumni and proceeds raised at alumni programs and events. Money must be used for the upcoming academic year and funds may not be transferred to another school or program. Recipients may not receive more than $5,000 in total scholarship money per year. Undergraduate recipients must carry at least 12 units; graduate recipients must carry at least 9 units each semester. Up to two scholarships will be awarded in May. Recipients will be invited and encouraged to attend signature alumni events for the 2016-2017 year.
Open to: This award is open to all continuing full-time CSUF undergraduate and graduate students. Graduate students may be first year students if they are CSUF alumni. Undergraduates must have completed a minimum of 24 units during the current academic year at Cal State Fullerton and be attending CSUF for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Amount: $3,000
Scholarships given: 2
- Amount: $1,000
Scholarships given: 8 (one for a student from each college)
2016 Scholarships Recipients
- Roberto Alvarez
- Dustin Cornejo
- Jasmine Rivera
- Khulood Faruqui
- Catarina Hernandez
- Monica Vu
- Kyle Gunther
- Daniel Nannery
- Cameron Samaniego
- 3.0 GPA
- Merit Demonstrated involvement with Cal State Fullerton or an outside service organization
Applications are due by February 28, 2016 via the online campus portal (see below). Finalists will be asked to participate in an interview with members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors on April 16, 2016. Scholarship recipients will be notified within two weeks of the interview date.
- Complete the university scholarship application: Log on to the campus portal and click on the scholarship button
- Make sure to upload your Titan Pride record and submit at least one letter of reference
- Finalists will be selected for interviews with members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors
Those selected as Alumni Association scholars are invited to participate in various events throughout the year. It is highly recommended that you attend as many of them as possible as they provide unique opportunities to connect with alumni. These may include:
- Spring Alumni Association Board meeting in May
- Family Day/Concert Under the Stars in September
- Vision and Visionaries Banquet in February
This year's scholarship process was different because we were given the wonderful opportunity to award more scholarships. We had lots more applicants as a result. After going through the applications and then having thoughtful interviews with our finalists, the committee has found some of the best and most deserving Titans who'll champion our university even after graduation.
- Jordan Poblete, 2016 CSUF Alumni Association Scholarship Committee Chair